Thursday, March 5, 2009

The girl room





Ryan worked his butt off during the weekends, in hopes that this would be finished before busy season started. It was his first time doing crown molding, second time doing chair rail and I couldn't be happier with the end result. The curtains were pretty easy to make, my first panels ever, my second valence.
It is finished and it turned out better than we could have imagined. We can't wait to fill it with furniture, girl stuff and of course baby girl.
Lil' Ryan is letting me know that he is ready to get out of the pink room and back to getting into things and making messes ;)

8 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see the cute little girl that goes in that room.

Liz said...

The room looks great - I'm impressed that you made the curtains & valance, & I love the dark molding.

OLIVIA said...

This is a beautiful room! It's wonderful to "nest"!

Nelson Family said...

That is adorable!! You made the curtains?? I'm impressed. You should teach me!! :)

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

wow good job Meredith! I want crown molding so bad! Maybe Ryan can come do my house since he is so good at it!

Cali Hatch Fam said...

So cute i wish it was my room!Q!!!
Love
Rylee

Crystal said...

Good job! Clara is 9 months and her walls are still plain white with nothing on them! She does have curtains, but I am so behind on getting her room cute!

Heath and Gretchen said...

The room is adorable!!! As for bows - I use the ribbon that was on my baby shower diaper cake :) and sometimes I buy ribbon at Michaels if it's really cute or on sale. I just measure around the girls' heads and hot glue the ends together. Sometimes I'll add little flowers from Michaels too. I can't wait to see pictures of you baby girl!